e-coli infection and leaky gut

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Graham, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wishing you strength and recovery soonest, @Graham. You're a hero here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  2. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Forbin you've captured a great likeness

3. Graham

Graham Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Unfortunately, standing there with my underpants over my long johns, they were injecting me with kryptonite.

But I am disappointed that you have seen through my disguise of wearing glasses. It worked for Clark Kent, after all.

4. AliceLily

AliceLily Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Graham I hope you can get your GP on side to help you through this with the antibiotic side of things.

When I first fell ill with severe ME I was in a very bad way and had to be on antibiotics for nearly six months straight.

5. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

6. Graham

Well, I have been out of hospital for just over 2 weeks now (5 visits in all), and my GP has taken over. This means that I actually get blood tests to determine whether the infection is still there before I stop the antibiotics. It's so nice to be handed on to someone who thinks.

Have you seen the video on hospital admissions by Natalie and Josh Boulton?

Yes, an A&E passport sounds like a good idea. I'm working on an information package to send to medical schools. Would @PhysiosforME like details? How do I contact the nurse involved in nursesforME?

Mithriel, Sarah94, AliceLily and 12 others like this.
  7. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The twitter thread all followed on from a post of Natalie and Josh’s latest video on Hospital admissions.

I have tagged you @Graham on a Thread discussing Nurses for ME from a while back. Thank you for jumping to offer assistance/knowledge.

8. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Graham, I hope things improve for you now you've got your GP monitoring things x

AliceLily, Sean, Daisybell and 5 others like this.
  9. PhysiosforME

PhysiosforME Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Graham please let me know if you still would like me to put you in touch with the A&E passport work
    Michelle

MEMarge, It's M.E. Linda and Graham like this.
  10. Graham

If I can be of any help, that would be good. But not if they are already well into it and I would only be an extra distraction.