1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Effectiveness a herbal medicine (Sipjeondaebo-tang) on adults with chronic fatigue syndrome, 2020, Shin et al

Discussion in 'Other treatments' started by Andy, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Full title: Effectiveness a herbal medicine (Sipjeondaebo-tang) on adults with chronic fatigue syndrome: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
    Open access, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213422020303000

2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

So if I read this correctly the questionnaire used as the primary outcome measure, the Checklist of individual strength, which appears to be a fatigue questionnaire, showed no significant between group difference, but other fatigue questionnaires including the Chalder one did show a significant difference.

I think the key finding from that has nothing to do with the specific medicine being tested, but the inconsistency between fatigue scales, making them all useless as measures of anything.

Mike Dean, alktipping, Milo and 9 others like this.
  3. Creekside

Creekside Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"Our research goal is to make some random numbers appear to say something we want them to say." :rolleyes:

alktipping, Milo and Trish like this.
  4. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I sure would want to know all the herb's chemical properties and any toxicities before ingesting it in a clinical trial.

Trish likes this.