1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Empathetic verification: covering ‘Long COVID’ in Norwegian newsrooms By Hanne Østli Jakobsen. 2022. Reuters Institute Oxford

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Esther12, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://reutersinstitute.politics.o...&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Revue newsletter

This is listed as a 'Journalist Fellowship Paper', and I don't know if it's something likely to be read by many people, or more of an online student essay, but I thought there were bits of interest in there.

eg:

It can be useful to read something written for more insiders than the public.

I had trouble accessing some of the links in the references, eg for [54] above it has :

54 Dommerud, Experiences and reflections after covering Long COVID.

Linking to this: https://www.zotero.org/google-docs/?6mxeRi

Is this some new technology I'm not understanding?

There's some CFS stuff, eg:

Reference 58 is Fiona Fox's book.

They also cite some stuff from Julie Rehmeyer.

I thought it made some sensible points, but also had bits that indicate some real problems with the current culture and the way a lot of these controversies are framed and understood by those trying to be fair minded.

2. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Perhaps that might explain some of the articles on ME/CFS that appeared in Aftenposten, like this one:
    Do not deprive ME sufferers of the opportunity for treatment that works (aftenposten.no)

Zotero is a popular reference manager, a way for researchers to store publications and help with getting the right citation in papers. So it's probably just an error where they linked to their local zotero files instead of the correct URL.

3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks. A bit annoying - I'd like to read those original documents. There was already some interesting stuff in there for helping understand the perspectives and assumptions of these people.

alktipping and Peter Trewhitt like this.