Everyone Knows Money Influences Politics … Except Scientists (CFS mention)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Jaybee00, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting
    Links to Rehmeyer's excellent article: https://www.statnews.com/2016/09/21/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-pace-trial/.

I would correct that to say "doctors insist it's all in your head despite considerable evidence to the contrary" but this is a good reference and quite topical, in the sense that much of the denial is driven by self-interest and irrational beliefs, rather than over what's true and for the greater good, especially to the benefit of the vulnerable rather than the self-interested powerful.

Sean, alktipping, DokaGirl and 3 others like this.
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think that any use of the 'all in the head' label is unhelpful for advocacy efforts. It's really besides the point and less the PACE authors present criticism of their work as founded on a misunderstanding of their approach to CFS.

4. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I meant it generally, not just the psychosocial gang. Most physicians' opinions I have seen in the wild are exactly that. It's really only the CBT/GET promoters and their followers who pretend they are not saying what they are saying, others with no skin in the game have no qualms about saying it straight. This is the general perception, unfortunately.