Experts issue health warning to those who take paracetamol regularly

Discussion in 'Drug and supplement treatments' started by Sly Saint, May 12, 2024.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Experts issue health warning to those who take paracetamol regularly (msn.com)

2. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh…. I quit the Paracetamol that I was prescribed by doctor when they more or less barred me and most of other chronically ill or just normal patients tbh when the healthcare system here started to collapse, from getting appointments and insisted on painkillers as an alternative to the investigations for pain that I was requesting.

But I’ve had to restart a full four dose a day at whatever mg that would usually be for ME fever pains and other uncontrolled pain. I don’t know if I have high blood pressure or not because I keep forgetting to buy a monitor but this does concern me as well as the existing concern about liver damage I already had.

Last edited: May 12, 2024
    Sean, alktipping, bobbler and 2 others like this.
  3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

I’m on hypertension medication and my bp is managed. I only use paracetamol and very occasionally cocodamol as I didn’t do well on pregabalin amitryptiline both too sedative

I need paracetamol when I wake up to help take body aches down to a level where I can manage ok. I don’t know what else I could take I guess I will have to put it on my list of questions I’d like answers for

Sean, Amw66, alktipping and 5 others like this.