Fatigue as the unconscious refusal of the demands of late capitalism, 2021, Diserholt

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Dolphin, Oct 12, 2022.

Tags:
  1. CRG

CRG Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The answer even within the theoretic model being applied would be something like "yes of course fatigue was experienced but the experience would have had different contexts each of which would have involved different forms of legitimacy and validity".

I don't know enough about Lacan to give a certain answer but I suspect that there's recourse to Rousseau's Noble Savage - an ideal where man(sic) lives in harmony with nature and any experience of fatigue would have legitimacy in being wholly endemic to the individual relative to their physical and mental efforts. Civilisation is a corrupting influence and capitalism as a wholly non natural system of civilisation is therefore to be seen as a source of invalid fatigue that can only be explained as an expression of refusal of the non natural ------ or some other word salad.

Mithriel and Trish like this.
  2. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

I'm guessing Marxism is the answer then. Come the revolution the sick shall rise from their beds ...

Lilas, shak8, JemPD and 2 others like this.