1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally, I’ve found what caused my brain fog, chronic fatigue, depression and aching joints...an insect bite! - James Delingpole

Discussion in 'Infections: Lyme, Candida, EBV ...' started by Sly Saint, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

James Delingpole was just interviewed on the Jeremy Vine show on BBC Radio2.
    This was an article he wrote last year:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...used-brain-fog-aching-joints-insect-bite.html

(he has now had stem-cell treatment)

Mariaba, Annamaria, MEMarge and 6 others like this.
  2. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

merylg, Snow Leopard, Hutan and 8 others like this.
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thought Dellingpole said he'd cured his CFS with some bizarre beathing technique? Now, after displaying his scientific expertise with bizarre climate change denial theories, he's moved on to stem cell treatment for Lyme disease? I only ever see his name when he's getting attention for talking rubbish about something. Why would he be invited on Radio 2?

4. wdb

wdb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Here it is :rofl::rofl:

Possibly it was chronic fatigue syndrome (ME), but my GP couldn’t say. There was nothing he could do for me, unless I fancied anti-depressants. I’m not going to bore you with details of everything I tried that didn’t work (including antibiotics, homeopathy, and diets), just about the one that did – Buteyko...

Medical students have long known that carbon dioxide (CO2) plays a vital part in releasing oxygen from the blood to cells and tissue – the Bohr effect. Buteyko took this further by postulating that most of the chronic medical conditions of our modern age – from asthma to lupus and Crohn’s disease – are the result of a deficiency in our body of CO2, caused by not breathing correctly, in a panicky way, so you take in too much oxygen.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...eat-chronic-fatigue-learning-hold-breath.html

Hutan, Annamaria, Sly Saint and 4 others like this.
  5. duncan

duncan Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This article doesn't feel right to me. Borrelia Miyamotoi? That's not a clinical diagnosis, as far as I am aware - you either test positive or you don't, and there are not many labs even testing for it. There are less than 30 Lyme-ish species. Miyamotoi - theoretically - is relapsing fever; keep in mind there is a group of Lyme advocates that maintain Lyme is relapsing fever as well, but most entrenched thinking would dispute that.

Regardless, I think there is a tentative test specific to B. Miyamotoi..

Eh.

I am so used to be wrong these days...:)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    merylg, Annamaria, chrisb and 3 others like this.
  6. wdb

wdb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

He's been put on a vegan diet too

I’m on a no-alcohol, no-caffeine, no-sugar, vegan diet. It’s less fun than it sounds. Occasionally I cheat, but mostly I don’t, because I don’t want to upset the lovely doctors at the Infusio clinic in Frankfurt who gave me my stem cells for the Lyme disease treatment and who insist they need the right anti-inflammatory, alkaline diet to thrive.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/10/the-curse-of-having-to-go-vegan/

7. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

He's absolutely all over the show...just for a change. Just found this article from the Spectator (sorry...) where he claims the Perrin Technique is causing him to have weird mental symptoms.

In it he confuses lymphatic massage for limbic massage - and thus uses this to explain the change in behaviour after his sessions!
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/06/my-medical-treatment-is-sending-me-bonkers-and-its-no-fun/
    I have a severe dislike of the guy, his political views and his spreading of misinformation. I hope he takes a step back and stops confusing other people who don't have the scientific background to dismiss his ramblings as confused nonsense.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  8. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

For anyone interested, there is a chart in this free access paper showing just how far removed from Bb B Miyamotoi is.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329926487_The_genus_Borrelia_reloaded

It would certainly be interesting if it were thought to cause a condition identical to Lyme.

Annamaria, duncan and Squeezy like this.
  9. duncan

Evidently the C6 test - the Lyme test of choice in the UK - may not distinguish between Lyme and B. Miyamotoi.
    https://www.clinicalmicrobiologyandinfection.com/article/S1198-743X(19)30418-5/fulltext

Mariaba, Annamaria and chrisb like this.
  10. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's interesting that B miyamotoi is placed next, in the table, to the type species B anserina. It looks as if that caused disease in ducks, geese and poultry and miyamotoi was found to be common in turkeys. One can see how the illness might spread.

duncan and Annamaria like this.
  11. alalush

alalush Established Member

Borrelia qPCR phage is invalid. It is never tested with healthy control groups nor peer reviewed. I test also positive for B. Miyamotoi lol and I think lots of people who do the test :D

12. unicorn7

unicorn7 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I agree that there should be more testing, but I have seen data from tests with healthy control groups. How exactly is it invalid? I don't see how a PCR test could be inaccurate? Of course it could all be a big scam, I am not saying that's not possible at all ;) but if that's not the case, that I can't see how you can have a lot of false positives with a PCR test.

The inventor of the test says they are finding an enormous amount of Borellia Miyamotoi and they don't know exactly why that is. They are thinking it is a bias in the group that gets tested at the moment.

I personally know a group of people who have all been tested. Everyone has a different kind of Borrellia and after treatment the test is mostly negative, which is in an interesting finding (not as much false positives as you would think if the test is incorrect).

I myself have been tested positive for Borellia Miyamotoi. This could be compatible with the fact that my complaints look a lot like lyme disease, but I have been tested numerous times and never tested positive. I have lived and worked in an environment with lots of ticks and lyme and have had numerous ticks. Together with the fact that the only time I have had a extremely positive change in my health, was the time that I got a long course of antibiotics (a course that coincidently also works against lyme). This made me decide to take the risk and do the lyme treatment, just so that I would't have regret in the future of not trying this.
    I am feeling a lot better at the moment, so I am inclined to think that this test is going to be the future ;) but of course to be sure more research is necessary! as always :D

This kind of articles in the paper is not helpful at all. This guy is just trying different things, trying treatments all over the places and doctors are not going to take him seriously. I have compassion for such a guy because he is also just searching for answers, but I hope he doesn't do damage to the research and the doctors that are trying to help.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    duncan likes this.
  13. duncan

Well, technically, "a" Lyme treatment. :)

Incidentally, PCR's are far more likely to have a false negative when it comes to Borrelia, than a false positive, simply by virtue of the spirochetes aversion to blood.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Mariaba likes this.
  14. unicorn7

unicorn7 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ha, you are right, It's just "a" lyme treatment. I have decided to follow one intensive protocol, I don't want to get stuck in a crazy lyme-treatment cycle.
    PCR is known for having more false negatives and not false positives. I hardly see how you can have false positives. How can, say, a myamotoi primer react to a sample, when there is no Myamotoi in the sample. That is not possible. Of course, there could be a cross reaction of some kind, but from what I have seen, they have taken a lot of measures for that.

duncan likes this.
  15. duncan

Nonviable spirochetal remnants or debris is the theory IDSA-types try to run with.