Help for sound sensitivity

Discussion in 'Home adaptations, mobility and personal care' started by karebare, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Please note that a Members Only thread has been merged into an existing Public thread. This thread is Public.

Wits_End and Trish like this.
  2. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Megsyjenks just in case you dont get round to reading the 'joy noise cancelling' thread where this is mentioned.

Bose are expensive but if you buy direct from Bose they do a 90 day trial which means you can buy, try for a couple of months and return for full refund if you dont like them. They also sell reconditioned ones.

If you look on youtube for 'Aaron X Loud & wireless' he actually tests a few noise cancelling headphones against each other and you can hear the difference ... for example

(1) Sony WH-1000XM5 vs Bose QC45 ANC is BETTER! - YouTube

mind you, since this a science site i should mention i have got a massive crush on the reviewer so i may be biased :D:D:D:whistle:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    Wits_End, alktipping and lunarainbows like this.
  3. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just had a flashback to a pre-fibro beach camping trip. The sound of the lapping Pacific shore waves while I was trying to sleep ruined it for me.

At the present, I'm blocking out the weekend street, busy beaver homeowner noise by shutting the window, enduring some extra heat rather than the blasted varied noises.

Trish, mango and NelliePledge like this.
  4. Evergreen

Evergreen Senior Member (Voting Rights)