1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hypnosis for wart treatment

Discussion in 'Other treatments' started by Jaybee00, Jul 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Salicylic acid is a well established wart treatment. It's found in plants, so the use of a plant containing it might also work, and the white crystallised substance was probably this too.
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324732#how-to-use

Hutan, alktipping, Sid and 4 others like this.
  2. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I had a wart on a middle finger knuckle when I was a teenager. A friend gave me some of that salicyclic acid stuff (Compound W) and it was really, really thick. So I put it on the wart and it stayed where it was put. (The modern version runs all over the place.)

A day or two later with little or no improvement to the wart my father told me to go and clean the car. I put on rubber gloves and started the job with hot water and soap. The effect of the heat, the acid and the rubber from the gloves meant that the rubber gloves stuck to the wart. I didn't know this had happened, pulled off the gloves and pulled the wart out completely in the process. It didn't hurt (no nerves involved), and the end result was absolutely perfect. The wart never regrew.

Edit : The rubber gloves were ruined though!

Lidia, alktipping, Trish and 2 others like this.
  3. Sid

Sid Senior Member (Voting Rights)

alktipping and Trish like this.
  4. Daisybell

Daisybell Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Milkweed kills warts i think...

Sid, Hutan, alktipping and 1 other person like this.
  5. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

At some point in his late 60's, my father developed "rough skin" on all the knuckles of both hands. I just assumed they were calluses related to aging. After years of having this (apparently without any doctor commenting on it), a nurse informed him that the "calluses" were actually warts. Treatment was started using silver nitrate sticks (AKA "Caustic pencils"). Within a few weeks, the warts were gone and his hands looked normal again. The difference was pretty amazing.

I should note that it was the nurse who actually applied the silver nitrate sticks. I have no idea if it takes any special skill to get good results or what, if any, precautions need to be taken.

alktipping, Arnie Pye and Wonko like this.