Intra brainstem connectivity is impaired in chronic fatigue syndrome, Barnden et al., 2019

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Deleted member 3253, Oct 22, 2019.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

And these things can have huge consequences. Bad medical advice is not inoffensive just because of a belief system that declares it so against all evidence.

In my last remission I was doing well enough that I had resumed full-time work and bought a condo with my then girlfriend. Soon after that I had a huge relapse that meant working was impossible for about the next year or so. Had it not been for a stroke of enormous luck that allowed us to be freed of the contract I would likely had ended up tens of thousands more in debt than I already was. I either would have had to declare bankruptcy or would still be spending most of my disability on it. I still faced nearly $10K in debt when I had to move in with parents and for 2 years spent most of my temporary, and reduced, disability on it until I finally got it permanent and with some of it backdated.

How many people have fallen on the wrong side of that stroke of good luck? How many people have faced a barely manageable level of hardship only to be pushed completely over the top by circumstances brought about purely from following misleading and objectively wrong advice?

Mithriel, obeat, Sid and 4 others like this.