1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is ME/CFS seen as a risk/priority group in the vaccination against sars cov 2 in your country?

Discussion in 'General disability topics and advocacy' started by ME/CFS Skeptic, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Leila

Leila Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I was also put into cat 2 by my doc and have an appointment on Wed with Biontech. I hope I'll make it, I'm pretty scared.

It's not fair, others are also in need of it, more than me. But to be honest, I'm just thinking about myself right now.

Mij, Wyva, Snow Leopard and 3 others like this.
  2. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Australia's vaccine program is an incompetent mess, with lots of promises and confusion and extraordinary delays.

Mij, Wyva, Leila and 4 others like this.
  3. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There's a group of Canadian software engineers that have set up a Twitter account "Vaccine Hunters" guiding Canadians on where they can book appointments and find walk-in clinics. It appears that many seniors don't want the AZ vaccine, so many are waiting for PZ or Moderna. So now anyone can go to these recommended pharmacies/clinics and get the AZ vaccines that are just sitting in freezers before they expire.

These guys have been heroes helping frustrated Canadians that have had their appt's cancelled or can't book online.

I'm thinking that since I'm not well enough to get a vaccine right now (viral infection), that by the time my turn comes around it will be 'booster' time next year. I'm wondering if the "booster" will be adequate?