K Pressin and hepapressin treatment for ME CFS(?) - Dr Derek Enlander

There is no self-executing process that turns treatments with some degree of effectiveness for our disease into a patented, FDA approved, profitable and thus marketable product.
 
I think it was the website for Hepapressin itself. I don't know what other preparation Enlander used.

I did not call Enlander a scammer but promotionof this substance has all the hallmarks of a scam. Lots of people have been genuinely concerned with treating ME/CFS but if they do so off label without doing proper trials I am afraid I see no merit in what they do. We have no evidence as far as I know that Dr Enlander has used effective treatments. As far as I know we have none.

I appreciate members' loyalty to physicians who take an interest but the off-label usage of drugs has held up real treatment development for decades now and I think it is time to push hard back against it. I was in the business of drug development myself and am well aware of the issues involved.

This requires a considered response, which I'm unable to do immediately. Ironically, the lack of a treatment which in my experience (as described in my prior post) had results for me substantially decreases my already small windows of physical and cognitive functioning, thus I cannot respond in a timely manner.
 
The promoter of a substance that "you consider to be have all the hallmarks of " a scam, is a scammer.
Disagree, many alt med treatments have loads of scam hallmarks, but some alt med practitioners are genuinely lovely people with a strong conviction that they are helping their patients.

A “scammer” implies the person is malicious which isn’t the case necessarily of some doctors in the alt med world even if what they promote has loads of hallmarks of scams.
 
There is no self-executing process that turns treatments with some degree of effectiveness for our disease into a patented, FDA approved, profitable and thus marketable product.
The market is very, very, very large, so you don’t need a patent to make money on it. You see that with pharmaceutical companies that make biosimilars for the competitor’s products when their patents run out.
 
There is no self-executing process but having been in the position of having to persuade a drug company to license a drug I had found effective, it was very easy. The dollar signs rang up in their eyes. But that is probably because I had convincing data. If Dr Enlander had produced convincing data I see no reason why there would have been a problem.

Arguments about how hard it is to do trials are make believe. Bin there done that.
 
Back
Top Bottom