Mike's EU Marathons

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Mike Harley

Mike Harley Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks so much for this, really appreciate the kind words. I'm happy to be involved and helping in whatever small way I can.

Yes hopefully get that last £800 in to reach £50K. Will definitely try and find a way to celebrate that somehow!

2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Thank you very much Mike, the interviews are always interesting to read.

alktipping, Solstice, obeat and 3 others like this.
  3. Mike Harley

Another interview in from Serbia. So similar to everywhere else in Europe. In many ways worse as ME is not even recognised as an illness there. Good to hear that there is a clued-up doctor over there and I know that their ME Association is pro-active within the European ME Alliance.

I'll be meeting with them on Sunday after the Belgrade Marathon race, looking forward to it!

SERBIA - Mike's EU Marathons (mikeseumarathons.eu)

Comet, alktipping, rvallee and 9 others like this.
  4. Mike Harley

Back from Belgrade, Serbia. An incredible weekend!

The race was hard and the heat beat me up but it was amazing to have 14 people show up to cheer me on!

I had a couple of TV appearances and also hit my £50K target!! 9 years in the making, 1269 donors across Europe, US, Canada and beyond.

Happy TV - Sindrom hronicnog umora i krize svesti - "Bolest" modernog doba ili mnogo ozbiljnija klinicka slika? (youtube.com)
    N1 - Sindrom hroničnog umora: Englez trči Beogradski maraton i podiže svest o ovoj bolesti (n1info.rs)

Next up is Tirana, Albania in October.

Attached Files:

ahimsa, Solstice, Dolphin and 9 others like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

A fantastic fundraiser, Mike. Well done and thank you.

Mike Harley, ahimsa, Solstice and 5 others like this.
  6. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Huge congratulations on reaching £50k that’s a fantastic achievement. Would be great to see you on the One show or Lorraine or something to get some credit :hug:

ukxmrv, Mike Harley, ahimsa and 8 others like this.
  7. Mike Harley

hey all.

Quick update from me. I'm having a bit of a break to repair my knee before starting to train for my next race and Euro country 32 marathon in Tirana, Albania.

My race report for the last race and trip pics is here: http://www.mikeseumarathons.eu/belgrade-serbia.html

I know it's going to be tricky to find people with ME in Albania but I'm going to give it a good try. As ever, any help you can give me on that is massively appreciated.

Looking to book trips for next year. I'll definitely be going to Bosnia in May, then it's likely to be Montenegro or Macedonia in October.

Thanks for the continued support.

Solstice, ahimsa, Hutan and 10 others like this.