New MECFS rap song by artist Ren!

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by Jaybee00, May 10, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://twitter.com/user/status/1788631242860118261

Troubles is out on all platforms now!

Always wanted to make a beat with this sample, special one for me for a number of reasons!

Click the link in my bio to buy/listen/watch!

Good chance we could chart with this one which would be the first time in history a song about ME/lyme will have been in the top 40 which is massive for awareness!!

Run it up!!”

Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt7Bpy27d1M

Only bad thing is that he claims he was cured by stem cells.

EndME, tmrw, Fero and 11 others like this.
  2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

EndME, alktipping, Ash and 3 others like this.
  3. Maat

Maat Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Amw66, alktipping, Ash and 1 other person like this.
  4. forestglip

forestglip Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've never heard of anything with stem cells + ME. Why is this a bad thing?

alktipping and Ash like this.
  5. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

There's some discussion about the use of stem cells here:
    USA, Texas - Long Covid stem cell trial - Hope Biosciences

I note that Ren says that the clinic where he was treated with stem cells was rapidly closed down. Also, while he attributes some improvement to the treatment, he continued to have some symptoms after treatment.

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    EndME, alktipping, Ash and 9 others like this.
  6. Deanne NZ

Deanne NZ Established Member (Voting Rights)

7. Jaybee00

I guess Boston Pizza is a thing in Canada? Scratching my head.

alktipping, Ash and MEMarge like this.
  8. Aaron

Aaron Established Member

I'm not too familiar with Ren myself (and keep meaning to take a dive into his discography and check out his stuff) but he is building in popularity here in the UK and after years of being fairly low key and underground he managed to get a number 1 album at the end of 2023 so it really would be good if him and his work continued to take off.

From my understanding it seems he was misdiagnosed with 'chronic fatigue syndrome' which turned out to be Lyme and although a stem cell transplant in America improved his symptoms he still has MCAS and other reactivated viruses. There's lots of conflicting information on Twitter and in media sources but I'll have to check out his blogs and interviews to find out.

Either way it's a great voice for ME as he's been very vocal in his support for the community and raising awareness for the condition and he's released this specifically for Awareness Month so yeah, if you have a spare 59p download it on iTunes or stick the song on repeat on Spotify/YouTube/Apple to help boost him in the charts!

Yann04, Chezboo, alktipping and 6 others like this.
  9. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It is! Something in the song about it? Haven't listened to yet.

10. Jaybee00

It’s in the background in the video.

I was trying to figure out what a guy with a hard British accent was doing walking around somewhere in Canada.

Yann04 and alktipping like this.
  11. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Heh, yeah I watched it last night. Filmed in Calgary.

Yann04, Ash and alktipping like this.
  12. Aaron

Aaron Established Member

I'm going to try push a small '#TroublesWithME' type campaign on social media on Thursday for people to download this and get it higher on the iTunes charts. It went in at number 1 (which was pretty wild) but has slipped through the week (no thanks to Eurovision) and is currently around number 30. It should only take about 100 or so iTunes downloads on a Thursday to get him back into the top ten so I'll give it a go. The chart week runs Friday to Friday so be good to get as many downloads in this week while we can.

I used to have a side job promoting local artists on social media and music forums and I'm pretty sure boosting Ren back up the charts will have people curious as to where the sudden momentum has came from and of course, the more exposure to the song to the general public the better. More likely to get radio play, TV interviews etc where he can talk about Lyme and ME/CFS.

He's also at 959K YouTube views which is wild considering it just came out 5 days ago.

EndME, Ash, Amw66 and 4 others like this.
  13. Jaybee00

Only thing that gives me a bit of heartburn is the partially cured by stem cells deal…..

Yann04 and Ash like this.
  14. Aaron

Aaron Established Member

I've posted details about the campaign to download this tomorrow. Unfortunately it's a bit long winded but I just want to make sure people aren't spending their money on it without it actually contributing to the charts. If anyone wants to get involved or help RT or whatever here's the link! Cheers

https://twitter.com/user/status/1790873698804576602

Yann04, Ash, rvallee and 3 others like this.
  15. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Nice work, Ren. :thumbup:

Yann04, Ash, rvallee and 1 other person like this.
  16. Aaron

Aaron Established Member

So just a quick update we managed to get the song to number 6 on the Swedish iTunes, 13 in the Netherlands, back up to 18 in the UK and top 40 in Austria, Australia and a couple other Eastern European countries.

Eurovision is still pretty much dominating the charts and the campaign was pretty late in the week (chart runs Friday to Friday) as I didn't want to announce it and distract/spam the feed when Unite 2 Fight was happening so yeah, I'd like to do something like this again either for Ren or for another artist or member of the community living with the illness so if there's anyone you can think of let me know and I'll try plan something again.

Sean, forestglip, winterwren and 7 others like this.