NHS treatments for people who get covid...?

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by josepdelafuente, Feb 22, 2023.

1. josepdelafuente

josepdelafuente Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ooooh yea I meant more I'm curious about the mechanisms of what is creating the symptoms in the body after the virus is "gone"...

Binkie4, Peter Trewhitt and Trish like this.
  2. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not sure about your current symptoms but omicron gave me the worst sinusitis of my life. All my upper teeth hurt like crazy from the pressure (my head too of course but that was kind of expected) and my nasal discharge was just hard dry bits of deep red blood for days (not even a trace of other colours - it was fully dark red and solid pieces).

These were present only initially and my later sinusitis symptoms were a post-nasal drip + annoying cough combo that just wouldn't go away for long long weeks, even though I tested negative. I think I had these symptoms for at least a month altogether. They were actually pretty bad, I had difficulties with talking.

But I'm not sure if you have similar symptoms or something else.

Trish and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  3. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From a private ME mums group . One mum has not recovered from COVID.
    This is the advice from the local rehab programme
    , Basically Bath paediatric rebranded
    Doing over 2 posts due to file size and noncooperative phone !

Attached Files:

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  4. Amw66

2nd attachment

Attached Files:

bobbler and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Ah yes, exercise. The universal cure all.
    The whole thing is incredibly superficial and patronising. No warning about PEM.

6. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

it does make you wonder how unbelievably thick they believe people to be doesnt it. I might expect this to be given to a 12yr old. Its the most basic 'recovering from a virus/infection' behaviour & most people just do it all naturally, it doesnt need to be spelled out.

The whole leaflet could be encapsulated thus
    "do it slowly & if you're inclined to health anxiety dont panic if you cant do as much as you could before you were ill".

Why on earth do we need 'rehab services or leaflets for that? PwLC are complaining of symptoms presumably because that approach hasnt worked, and instead of acclimatising to the increased activity over time they are feeling dreadful - ie PEM. Which this lot seem to think is feeling tired & 'a little bit of aching' after exercise & hence have tried to minimise it & explain it away.

<Sigh>

bobbler, Seadragon, Binkie4 and 7 others like this.
  7. Amw66

My friend will keep me posted re both interactions and info.
    She has to do this to get respiratory referral

Binkie4, Trish and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  8. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@josepdelafuente, this may be too late for you now but I got the latest issue of the MEA's magazine and in it, Dr Shepherd refers to a To Whom It May Concern letter supporting the use of drug treatment for PwME who catch Covid. It's here. (Sorry if someone has already posted this.)