1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Not a recommendation) CFS or where is my stocking?

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Indigophoton, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Pechius

Pechius Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Do you mean that people with Ramsay ME don't experience fatigue, only post exertional?

Bill likes this.
  2. Bill

Bill Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Likewise, why would those of us who became ill over thirty years ago and have experienced disabling chronic fatigue with PEM that DID prevent 50% of activities, but have never experienced myalgia or (to our knowledge) inflammation of the brain-stem, accept a name that writes us out of the hope for a cure?

For those like myself, the term myalgic encephalomyelitis is seen as a threat to our aspirations to unlock the nature of our illness.

Bill

Pechius likes this.
  3. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Bill

I wonder whether you have looked at Ramsay's definition of ME recently. It is possible that you are under a misapprehension.

He said that in less severe cases "muscle tenderness may not be so easily elicited but careful palpation of ....the muscle groups most commonly involved with the tip of the forefinger should enable the examiner to detect minute foci or exquisite tenderness.

Inara likes this.
  4. Bill

Bill Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have. It doesn't fit me at all. I've never experienced over myalgia in 3 decades with CFS. But not a day when I haven't experienced some level of chronic fatigue, associated brain-fog, and the threat of PEM.

Bill

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  5. Arvo

Arvo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have this as a document & screenshot of an undated , <2016 Swiss RE newsletter.
    Can this be dated and linked to a PACE presentation by White, and is there a date and confirmation of such a presentation? (How do you know it is a "write up" of his presentation, apart from the obvious content and reference? Do they have close-by dates?)

MSEsperanza likes this.
  6. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Here's an archive of the web-page I think I'd linked to: https://web.archive.org/web/2013082...laims_for_chronic_fatigue_the_active_way.html

To me, the opening paragraph makes it pretty clear that this is a write up of the web-based discussion White was leading.

It says "There will be more web-based training offerings from the Swiss Re team in 2012" so it must have come before 2016.

Arvo likes this.
  7. Arvo

Arvo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ah yes, I missed that it was right in there. (I focused on the ICD claim and quick-skimmed through the rest.) Thanks @Esther12!

Esther12 likes this.