1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition 2021: Myhill: Withdraw the 2007 NICE ME/CFS Guideline Now

Discussion in 'Petitions' started by Peter Trewhitt, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Post copied from Petition: #MEAction: Publish the NICE ME/CFS Guideline Now

Dr Myhilll has started a petition calling for the immediate withdrawal of the old 2007 NICE ME/CFS guidelines, see

Call for NICE to WITHDRAW its CURRENT ME/CFS GUIDELINE – CG53
    https://www.change.org/p/the-national-institute-for-health-and-care-excellence-nice-call-for-nice-to-withdraw-its-current-me-cfs-guideline-cg53?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_30539566_en-GB:8&recruiter=1224171280&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=G>Search>SAP>UK>Brand>All-Match_Types

In an up date (circulated today) to the previous petition put out in conjunction with Dr Myhill’s complaint to the GMC about the PACE authors it is said

So it may be worth us considering whether supporting this new petition would be a constructive move forward or not. Though I would not object to serious discussion of whether PACE represents research misconduct or just bad science, will it be helpful to muddy the waters with NICE during the current delay?

[Edited to add link to the update to the old petition relating to Dr Myhill’s GMC complaint]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2021
  2. Ariel

Ariel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Post copied from Petition: #MEAction: Publish the NICE ME/CFS Guideline Now

I just put out another tweet about the change.org petition and emailed my family to sign. I don't know if the petition will achieve anything, but it seems better than nothing.

I don't know about the Myhill petition. The 2007 guidelines should be withdrawn but she is the wrong messenger.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2021
    NelliePledge and Peter Trewhitt like this.