Physicians with long Covid confront a medical establishment eager to classify their illness as psychological (2022) Tuller

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Cheshire, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I would love to see one of the psychobabblers try to explain how PEM is caused by thoughts and behaviours.

Probably they are psychobabblers because they don't even know what PEM is or spend no time trying to make their ideas coherent.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    MEMarge, Mithriel, Barry and 2 others like this.
  2. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes. It's a candy floss statement ... masquerades as being a lot but in reality has no substance at all. Making a statement that can have relevance in one, misdirected context, but completely flawed in another, erroneous, intended context.

3. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Honestly, I felt that this article could have made a stronger linkage between “long Covid” and MECFS. It sort of stated that there is “Long Covid” and there is MECFS and sometimes Long Covid patients receive an MECFS diagnosis. Some statement that “Long Covid” patients with MECFS symptoms for six months can be diagnosed with MECFS” is needed IMO. In this way, you don’t lump the people with lung damage from Covid pneumonia in with Covid-triggered MECFS (I suppose this lung damage is also called “Long Covid”).

It’s going to be really bad (funding-wise) when people with Covid-triggered MECFS claim that they have a unique novel disease that is completely different from MECFS. There is going to be massive reinventing of the wheel and wasted funding.

4. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)