PolyBio: New LongCOVID research launched by PolyBio’s global consortium of scientists

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by SNT Gatchaman, Feb 24, 2024.

1. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Link

Medford MA, February 22, 2024 – PolyBio Research Foundation, a global collaboration convening the world’s leading chronic disease scientists, today announced the second phase of its LongCovid Research Consortium (LCRC), including the distribution of $15M to fund scientific research, treatment innovation, and clinical trials for LongCOVID.

Ash, Kitty, Peter Trewhitt and 9 others like this.
  2. pooriepoor91

pooriepoor91 Established Member

They are also doing a trial of Lumbrokinase on ME/CFS, Long Covid and Long Lyme

Lumbrokinase LongCOVID & ME/CFS clinical trial - PolyBio Research Foundation

Ash, Binkie4, Kitty and 7 others like this.
  3. SNT Gatchaman

SARS-Cov-2 persistence and impact on long covid megakaryocytes & platelets looks interesting.

Morgane Bomsel, Dominique Salmon, Emilie Seyrat

The project will determine if replication-competent SARS-CoV-2 virus can be identified in the megakaryocytes (bone marrow-derived cells) and platelets of patients with Long COVID. The presence of viral particles (as measured via a microscope) and the infectivity of identified virus will be established. The project team is also performing a series of experiments to determine if Long COVID plasma contains 1) platelet micro-aggregates and circulating viral proteins such as spike 2) platelets with dysregulated energy metabolism 3) platelets with changes to gene activity profiles compared with platelets isolated from people without symptoms after COVID-19.

Ash, Kitty, EndME and 3 others like this.
  4. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Taking nattokinase and lumbrokinase caused excessive bleeding in my case.

All my tests ruled out issues with hypercoagulability, hyperactivation of platelets, CD62P et 23 years ago. I had these tests done soon after reactivation of EBV and HHV6 relapse from taking immune modulators.

Ash, Binkie4, Kitty and 7 others like this.
  5. SNT Gatchaman

6. pooriepoor91

Key points from Steven Deeks at the PolyBio conference happening now:

1. LIINC Long Covid Clinical trials started/planned for 4 treatments
    2. Same approach previous applied in understanding HIV and currently applied in Long Covid will be applied to funded ME research

Timothy Henrich at PolyBio conference describes the INTERRUPT-LC trial using an interleukin-15 (IL-15) receptor agonist approved for bladder cancer. The IL-15 receptor agonist (Anktiva) works by activating the body's natural killer and killer T-cell to clear viral reservoirs.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1791534765805310077

7. pooriepoor91

8. forestglip

forestglip Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://www.meresearch.org.uk/project-update-from-dr-proal/

"Dr Amy Proal from PolyBio Research Foundation recently updated us on the progress of her project searching for viruses in tissue and nerve samples from people with ME/CFS. This project was funded by ME Research UK with the financial support of the Gordon Parish Charitable Trust.

The viruses most associated with ME/CFS (including polio-type enteroviruses and herpesviruses) can infect nerves and ‘hide’ in tissue, and may therefore remain in the body after an initial infection.

Dr Proal and her team (which also includes researchers at Berkeley National Laboratory and Harvard Medical School) are using new computer-based technologies to identify viruses in human tissue samples from people with ME/CFS and from healthy control subjects. They hope to clarify which of these viral species may contribute to the disease process in ME/CFS.

In addition to setting up and optimising the techniques being used, the researchers have been recruiting participants for the study, and have started collecting and processing the various tissue and nerve samples they require. Much of the analysis takes place in the next phase of the project, and we are looking forward to seeing those findings in due course.

Find out more about the project here"

Binkie4, Ash, Sean and 4 others like this.