1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Press release: Inspiritol Effective In COVID-19, Long-COVID And ME/CFS Patients

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by Sly Saint, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://www.wtvy.com/prnewswire/2021/10/25/inspiritol-effective-covid-19-long-covid-mecfs-patients/

Hutan, Sarah94, sebaaa and 6 others like this.
  2. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Does this really mean they only tried it on 3 patients or am I misunderstanding?

Snow Leopard, Sarah94, sebaaa and 5 others like this.
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

On the plus side, 'Inspiritol' is a name that encourages scepticism.

Hutan, Marky, Sarah94 and 11 others like this.
  4. Braganca

Braganca Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hutan, Sarah94, sebaaa and 4 others like this.
  5. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

6. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

7. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Inspiritol is comprised of both endogenously produced and naturally occurring, well tolerated biochemicals

That would be urine mixed with parsnip juice?

Hutan, TiredSam, Marky and 13 others like this.
  8. Braganca

Braganca Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Quite disappointed that two researchers with apparent promise have signed on to this. Feels like whenever I’m excited about an ME researcher, they then say or do something completely questionable…

Jaybee00, Hutan, Grigor and 11 others like this.
  9. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I know nothing off the drug itself, that stuff is beyond me. But testing it on 3 people and making statements on the back of that doesn't inspire confidence. Only statement that you could imo feasibly make is that it would need more studying if there was a positive result in those people.

10. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

<Sarcasm on>
    When "Inspiritol" was being developed it was given a working name of "Snake Oil".
    <Sarcasm off>

The name this stuff has been given is so dreadful I would laugh in the face of any doctor who recommended it for any purpose whatsoever. It also made me think of dreadful "inspirational" pictures like this one :

o_O:dead: :bag: :whistle: :borg:

[​IMG]

Chezboo, cfsandmore, Jan and 8 others like this.
  11. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am not sure there even is a drug. Judging by the description it could fall under foodstuffs and supplements laws. It seems to be a cocktail.

Marky, Sarah94, sebaaa and 10 others like this.
  12. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From the Inspiritol website:
    Wow, quite the jackpot isn’t it? Using the big words to make believe that their stuff is working like magic. What can go wrong?

A website about a ‘drug’ that actually doesn’t say what’s in their compound.

That’s a very unfortunate collaboration for the promising researchers from Boston.

Chezboo, Sarah94, cfsandmore and 2 others like this.
  13. Hubris

Hubris Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Feels like i'm playing the devil's advocate but there is at least something interesting about this. If i recall there was a study showing that oxygenated blood coming out of the lungs had inflammatory cytokines that previously weren't there. And there are also studies showing that most patients get ME/CFS after a respiratory infection. So maybe, the cause of the illness is actually in the lungs and nobody has looked at it yet. It doesn't necessarily have to do with oxygenation, it could be many other things. Even if this is just a cocktail of supplements, the fact that it's inhaled and not taken by mouth is interesting. Over the years i've seen patients try all sorts of drugs and supplements by mouth, injection, even fecal transplants but almost never inhaled stuff.

With all of this said, the way they are going about this surely doesn't inspire confidence... despite what the name of the drug might say.

Perrier and Sarah94 like this.
  14. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Says who? Please add references. One of the most common viral onset is Epstein-Barr virus, or mononucleosis, and it isn’t a respiratory virus.

If the drug delivery was the problem, we’d already be on it. It is problematic that they are not saying what’s in their compound, and I am not sure i’d want to risk exposing my precious lung tissue with whatever droplet they want patients to breathe. I am hoping FDA sees clearly. Typically such compound is tested on healthy people first (phase 1)- i am made to believe that what they have invented may simply be water, oxygen, maybe ozone and a little oregano oil (my best bet, and please do not try that at home)

Simone, Mij, Braganca and 2 others like this.
  15. Hubris

Hubris Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sorry i don't remember which study it was, maybe someone else does.
    I mean, we will know soon enough what's inside. I don't see how they can market, let alone publish a study on it without saying what's inside..

16. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://salernocenter.com/2020/09/inspiritol-and-covid-19-testing/

Seems to be an herbal formula he's using on a broad range of illness. Not sure COPD and ME/CFS have an underlying pathology. Strange to see those researchers involved. OFC I believe a treatment *could* come from anywhere, even a rando holisitic doctor. But, I think 99.9% it's sketch.

17. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

brf, cfsandmore and Trish like this.
  18. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

It sounds like some sort of nutrient and herb concoction. Who knows, maybe there's something in it that might help some people. I guess the good thing about this is that Doctors Sellin and Gill seem to be decent scientists who probably know how to run clinical trials, unlike a lot of people who just push 'nutriceuticals' for years for their own profit, with no proper research to back them.

Lilas likes this.
  19. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

20. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Dr. Salerno’s desire for healing has lead him to work alongside critically acclaimed holistic visionaries such as:

Dr Atkins and Susanne Somers :rofl: