Ramsey award program - 5 research groups awarded

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Helen, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Helen

Helen Senior Member (Voting Rights)

http://go.solvecfs.org/webmail/1926...4c53cd974b2c0431bbec3aee7ebdea9f777a6ba844cd6

Congratulations to the research groups getting grants for further studies!

[​IMG]
    Announcing the 2017 SMCI Ramsay Award Program Results

October 31, 2017

The Solve ME/CFS Initiative is pleased to announce the 2017 Ramsay Research Program Awards. Now in its second year, the Ramsay Award is a competitive program that funds ME/CFS researchers at every stage of their careers.

The top 5 proposals selected for 2017 represent a diverse range of topics including immunology, bioenergetics, metabolomics, microbiome, and neuroendocrine biology.

Each award is funded for a one-year period with the possibility of extension. All proposals are subject to a rigorous peer review process.

“Through this program, we seek to encourage participatory investigations, accelerate new discoveries, and reduce barriers for entry into the challenging yet rewarding field of ME/CFS. This worldwide program is part of our organization’s overall research strategy to unravel the complexity of ME/CFS and find a cure.”
    - Dr. Zaher Nahle, SMCI’s vice president for research and scientific programs.

Our 2017 Ramsay teams come from six countries and reflect a strong representation of women scientists. Go HERE to read more.

[​IMG]

Team 1 (Sweden): Biomarkers for initiation (infection) and metabolic derangement in ME/CFS

[​IMG]

Team 2 (USA & Spain): Effect of ME/CFS on epigenetic regulation in specific immune cell types

[​IMG]

Team 3 (United Kingdom): Investigating alterations in the intestinal virome in CFS/ME

[​IMG]

Team 4 (Germany): Immunometabolism of T cells and monocytes in ME/CFS

[​IMG]

Team 5 (Israel): Deciphering antibody reactivities against autoantigens & the microbiome in ME/CFS

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Solstice, ahimsa, Mark and 22 others like this.
  2. BurnA

BurnA Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Really impressed with Solve, these all look like worthy candidates.

Obermann, Mark, Aroa and 3 others like this.
  3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Team 4's study - Immunometabolism of T cells and monocytes in ME/CFS - seems timely, considering the recent couple of hints at T cell involvement.

Obermann, Aroa, Helen and 3 others like this.