1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Reading words incorrectly

Discussion in 'Neurological/cognitive/vision' started by DokaGirl, Nov 30, 2018.

1. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I blame the computer spell cheque. Its easier and avoids the self blame which is such a component of our condition.

2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Once I write something I know what it says, so rereading is just going to confirm what I already know. Even a critical hippo wouldn't make any difference.

That causes a lot of my problems. :whistle:

Wonko, TiredSam, MEMarge and 3 others like this.
  3. fossil

fossil Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I do this all the time.

It often takes me longer than it should to realise.

MeSci, shak8, Wonko and 1 other person like this.
  4. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, I often read words incorrectly. I don't think it was that common in the first 20 years, but became common more recently.

shak8 and Wonko like this.
  5. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I do/am not.

People are writing what I think they are saying, what they clearly are saying, they are writing it down incorrectly, and in many cases incoherently.

As what they write isn't right, and makes no sense.

:whistle::speechless::sneaky:

JemPD likes this.
  6. MeSci

That's the first 20 years of ME, in case it wasn't clear.

JemPD, TiredSam and Wonko like this.
  7. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Interesting I was looking at the very simple diagram about Ron Davis plasma swap and I looked at it a couple of times and just couldn’t read it properly I kept misreading it so that it seemed not to show any issue with plasma. So I wrote it out on a piece of paper from scratch the four options and when there was no effect and when there was an effect and only by doing that I could see it......

JemPD likes this.
  8. MeSci

I have trouble writing now. I don't know whether it's a visual or physical problem, or concentration problem, or maybe lack of practice? My writing used to be excellent - I won an award for it at school!

9. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

me too, i find it's getting worse & i often say the wrong version of their/there. It drives me crazy because i am real stickler for such things & pre illness i just would never, never say you're if i meant your, i mean it just wouldnt happen no matter how tired (or drunk! lol)
    But know i read the wrong word, say the wrong word, spell the right word wrong it's a ruddy smorgasbord of errors & it drives me crazy. If you'd seen me writing this you'd laygh at the errors (I left the final one in for illustration).

And the times i misread posts & start replying but it's only when i see the words again the the quote that i realise i misread... ugh stupid brain.

shak8, TiredSam and MeSci like this.
  10. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just read for PEM, 'post errection malaise' or was it errectional.

NelliePledge, Trish and MeSci like this.