1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Recent update of NICE Committee Member list

Discussion in '2020 UK NICE ME/CFS Guideline' started by InitialConditions, May 11, 2019.

1. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The committee member list PDF was recently updated (9th May). There are numerous additions from the last copy that I have.

GP - Chris Burton
    Dietician - Jenifer McIntosh
    Nurse - Caroline Kingdon
    Physician - Gabrielle Murphy
    Physician - William Weir
    Community Paediatrician - Alan Stanton

However, I may have had an outdated copy. Are any of the above recent additions?

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

No. This list has been out for a while, I think.

InitialConditions likes this.
  3. InitialConditions

The latest change date is 09 May, so something must have been updated....unless it was something trivial.

4. adambeyoncelowe

Maybe the dietitian? But I thought she'd already been announced.

InitialConditions likes this.
  5. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From memory, I think there was one post open, possibly the paediatric nurse? The dietician was announced fairly recently.

If they need paediatric input, Dr Speight would be perfect. Obviously he’s not a nurse but his knowledge/ experience of children with ME is great. They have appointed Caroline Kingdon ( after turning her down) so is a nurse essential for this role? I know he was turned down on first application but there is a precedent now for revising their decision.

There is too an increasing interest in FII. Even Mrs May said she would look into the question posed by Carol Monaghan at Prime Minister’s questions several weeks ago.The House was full so it received a lot of attention and I hope it won’t be forgotten despite the European elections.

I am not sure I understand the Committee being underway with their work when, 3/4 months or more in, the full Committee isn’t formed.

The appointments are from memory so I hope I’m correct. If there was an announcement on 9th May- just off to look it up.

6. InitialConditions

the PDF was changed on the 9th May. It doesn't necessarily mean there is a new member announcement. Could be something like a member's affiliation being changed.

Binkie4 likes this.
  7. adambeyoncelowe

Or maybe they just uploaded the same document again to make sure it was the most recent version?

8. Sarah

Sarah Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From a quick look at the 9 May upload and the March upload which announced Jennifer McIntosh, there doesn't appear to be any change, including to 'job title/organisation'.