1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rehabilitation for Patients With Persistent Symptoms Post COVID-19

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Milo, Oct 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh, dear.

This is at a rehabilitation center in Norway called Helse i Hardanger. It's based on a four-day-intervention program against anxiety. They have expanded their treatment approach to several other diagnoses, and now obviously also to Long Covid. A psychiatrist who is working there says she recovered from ME/CFS by being treated by psychiatrist Bjarte Stubhaug with mindfulness. She is one of the leaders of Recovery Norge. The four-day-intervention program against anxiety was developed by Gerd Kvale, who coauthored an awful study by same psychiatrist Bjarte Stubhaug on a mindfulness-based CBT intervention program as treatment for CFS/ME (discussed in this thread).

A post about the center and their Long Covid approach here:
    https://www.s4me.info/threads/bps-attempts-at-psychologizing-long-covid.16013/page-39#post-344299

3. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is one of two places in Norway that will be treating Long Covid. The other one is Sunnaas which is a well respected place for rehabilitation, but I believe with a BPS approach to ME. It seems their main treatment approach to Long Covid will be rehabilitation in form of exercise.

4. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Drop out rate is better be recorded.

5. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is there a risk that believing pwLC to have a functional somatic condition, ie., the BPS model, pwLC might not be screened for cardiac problems regarding rehabilitation programs?

According to CBC News, two professional hockey players on one team have myocarditis from COVID. They will not be playing hockey for several months. I understand recommendations for early in this condition are to rest.