The Province (Vancouver): Better treatment needed for 77,000 British Columbians with ME

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Milo, May 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Joeblow604

Joeblow604 Established Member (Voting Rights)

Regarding the CCDP information @Sly Saint posted, it doesn't look like things will be turning around there after all. I was hoping the new director would change this up for the better. When I went there before they were promoting ME was a Central Sensitivity Syndrome. You did see a doctor once and all he did was review your psychosocial assessment and decide where you fit in program. IE speak to a ND, dietitian, CBT, etc. They did very minimal medical testing. Sounds like not much will change.

I remember getting frustrated with being told I am fatigued and not sick.

I have no idea where they get this from - "This group education format is supported by client feedback and research." Any time we've been allowed feedback its not what I see patients saying nor is it said in Canadian ME groups. The opposite actually.

2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It is not clear to me whether there has been change or not. The wording is quite vague and that may reflect the politics of the situation.

3. Joeblow604

Joeblow604 Established Member (Voting Rights)

ScottTriGuy and TigerLilea like this.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, Dr Alison Bested set up the original clinic back in 2012. There is just the one clinic.

ScottTriGuy and Joeblow604 like this.