The Rise and Fall of the Psychosomatic Approach to MUS, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, 2022, David Marks

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Samuel, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I believe Margaret Williams was bedridden so managing to do things online may have been possible but publishing was too difficult.

Over all the years of fighting for the same rights as everyone else it has not been acknowledged enough how high the cost of advocacy has been to people with ME. Even the millions missing protests, people seeing them or reporting on them will have thought sending a pair of shoes or a picture was an accommodation for how ill so many sufferers were but posting a pair of shoes or getting a picture there is far beyond anything a lot of patients can do. Not to mention the costs to the organisers who risk months of pain, even permanent disablement.

We fight the establishment but also our bodies. The courage of advocates is immeasurable.

RedFox, bobbler, Sean and 6 others like this.