1. The latest crowdfunder to support David Tuller's work has opened. To donate click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the two part 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 11th October 2021 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Treatment with Disulfiram (Antabuse) seems to help

Discussion in 'Infections: Lyme, Candida, EBV ...' started by Dechi, Oct 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 5vforest

5vforest Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oops. I see that now on the clinicaltrials listing. It was not included in the new webpage or the email that the researcher sent me. I wonder if the criteria changed or if it's just a discrepancy between pages.

duncan likes this.
  2. 5vforest

i wonder if they will test the trial participants who haven’t already shelled out for extensive coinfection tests.

duncan likes this.
  3. unicorn7

unicorn7 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have responded quite well to disulfiram, but it was very hard to build up. Took me months to get on a good dosis. I check my liver every month.

I am still wondering why disulfiram is working, it could only be the effect it has on dopamine. I do wonder about that. I have to say that a few bloodlevels (prostaglandins, cytokines, cd57, cd38) were normal for the first time in years after three months of disulfiram.

duncan likes this.
  4. 5vforest

Since it hasn't yet been posted, here is the Liegner article:

“Repurposing” Disulfiram in the Treatment of Lyme Disease and Babesiosis: Retrospective Review of First 3 Years’ Experience in One Medical Practice (2020)

Open access, full text: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7761882/

The methodology and results strike me as very similar to the Horowitz Dapsone retrospective, discussed in this thread.

I believe that there are many more patients using Disulfiram than Dapsone. I am in two Facebook groups for Lyme patients using Disulfiram with ~5 and ~12 thousand members each.

duncan likes this.
  5. 5vforest

I am seriously considering trying Disulfiram again. I received a new Lyme Western Blot IgM that is way more positive than it ever has been, and my symptoms have multiplied and increased in severity.