UK Teach Primary Magazine: 'A heavy weight to carry' by Claire Tripp, 2019

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Trish, May 3, 2019.

1. chicaguapa

chicaguapa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Barry, MEMarge, ladycatlover and 6 others like this.
  2. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Shared with our council quality improvement officer who is forwarding to heads and SEN heads.

It connects well with the Educate ME project in Scotland which tried to provide supportive info for teachers and highlighted the key role that teachers can play. Formal launch later this year but teacher info available on website.

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/empl...imary-and-secondary-education/how-can-i-help/

There is still an issue with the disbelief that school attendance can be a bad thing particularly for those sliding from mild into moderate and what energy management actually means. The names for severity levels do not help and much more needs to be done re flexible learning choices and provision.

But we now have teachers listening and engaging.

Louie41, Barry, MEMarge and 5 others like this.
  3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Obviously school holidays now but I’m wondering if you’ve been getting any response from primary/secondary teachers about the articles?

4. chicaguapa

I sent it to the HT at my daughter’s school and she’s holding off circulating it until September. But she said she was impressed with the fact that I got the article published, which gives credence to the info in it, I think!

I’ve sent it to various teachers I know personally (different schools) who’ve all found it interesting, but that’s a bit like preaching to the converted anyway as they were already onboard with what it said. But now they have something concrete to share with colleagues and SLTs.

5. chicaguapa

Sounds fab! What council is that? Maybe I can do that with other councils.

ladycatlover, Louie41, Barry and 6 others like this.
  6. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

South Ayrshire in Scotland .
    Forwarded to a mum struggling to get appropriate provision to use at a meeting over the summer in another Scottish Council area.