1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

United Kingdom: Norfolk and Norwich University hospitals (NHS)

Discussion in 'UK clinics and doctors' started by Sly Saint, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in Children JCG0051 v3.1

Joint Trust Guideline for: the Management of: CFS/ME in Children and Young People
    Author/s: Dr Aravind Shastri Author/s title: Service Director
    Approved by: CGAP Date approved: 03/06/2022
    the following is hardly visible on the web page due to it being over a 'busy' picture

pdf downloadable
    https://www.nnuh.nhs.uk/publication/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-in-children-jcg0051-v3-1/

it appears to have been done in a hurry (?) comes up as 'Template for clinical guidelines' and many pages have no content.

although it says at the outset there is no deviation from the national guidelines it says

then this
    have they read the new guideline?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2022
    FMMM1, Hutan, alktipping and 11 others like this.
  2. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Have you been able to send this good spot to the ME Association @Sly Saint ? They have done a very swift response to the East Kent Hospitals physio’s “advice”

Please shout if you are unable to do this, I am happy to use your post above (if that is ok with you) to email people at MEA, if you need any help.

Hutan, alktipping, MEMarge and 5 others like this.
  3. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is IiME territory - they might have local contacts.

FMMM1, alktipping, MEMarge and 5 others like this.
  4. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

For sure they heard the medical associations saying they would respect the guideline over their dead institutions. They are clearly complying with their hierarchy here, following instructions, executing the scripts they were given.

What with seeing the number of physicians in countries where they are explicitly forbidden to speak of Covid under any circumstances, to the point of pretending to be puzzled over a wave of chronic coughing or "surprise" allergies, I think it needs to be recognized that for all the pretense, healthcare first and foremost is about compliance, which explicitly overrules any and all so-called principles, duty or "oath".

I never imagined physicians could engage in mass lying of this scale, but here we are. They even pretend to play along, because otherwise they lose their jobs, or at least risk losing status and derail their career. They follow the law and hierarchy. This is what affects them in their day-to-day job, their immediate work environment. The rest is other people's responsibility.

5. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm just posting them here as I find them. There are others on the UK ME/CFS services thread.

(Ideally we would just have to tag an MEA representative ie I know @Russell Fleming is part of MEA but he hasn't been here since the end of last year?).

eta:
    https://www.s4me.info/threads/united-kingdom-nhs-east-kent-hospitals-university-me-cfs.28304/

6. Suffolkres

Suffolkres Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Name and Position
    Dr Aravind Shastri
    Consultants
    Paediatrics
    Contact Details
    Main Telephone Number:01603 287534
    Department page: Paediatrics

Sub-Speciality: Paediatric Cardiology, Paediatric rheumatology (secondary lead), Acute Paediatrics

Position: Consultant Paediatrician and clinical lead for Paediatrics at NNUH

Secretary: Nicola Thorne Nicola.thorne@nnuh.nhs.uk

Special Clinical Interests:

1. Congenital heart disease, Paediatric arrhythmias, Screening for inherited cardiac conditions like Cardiomyopathies, Channelopathies ( Long QT syndrome)
    2. Educational – Undergraduate and Postgraduate education in Paeditrics
    Secondary care lead for Paediatrics

Research Interests: as above

Current Membership of Professional, National and Regional Bodies: Member of Royal college of paediatrics and Child health ( RCPCH), Member of General medical council ( GMC), Member of Association of European paediatric cardiology ( AEPC)

Universities and Degrees: MBBS, MD ( paeds), MRCPCH, CCT in Paediatrics, Fellowships in paediatric cardiology at Royal Brompton and Great Ormond Street hospitals

GMC Number: 6070868

Personal Profile: Other interests include – Music, Dance, Sports – Cricket, table tennis, Badminton, running marathons, organising charitable events

7. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

8. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

9. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://meassociation.org.uk/2022/0...et-for-children-and-young-people-with-me-cfs/

MEMarge, bobbler, alktipping and 8 others like this.