1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open USA - University of Alabama - Brain imaging study on women with ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by Trish, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Women ages 18-55 who have symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome needed for study

The Neuroinflammation, Pain, and Fatigue Lab is looking for women ages 18-55 who have symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, ME/CFS, for a 1.5-hour brain imaging study. We will obtain magnetic resonance images, MRI, of your brain for one hour. The brain scans are non-invasive and do not involve exposure to radiation or injection of contrast agents. There will also be questionnaires. The purpose of the study is to investigate whether patients with chronic fatigue have increased brain temperature compared to healthy people.

If interested, please contact Indonesia Jordan at 205-289-8748, or email ijordan@uab.edu with your name and phone number.

Lisa108, Snow Leopard, merylg and 2 others like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

:rofl:
    Oops, my mistake. I'll correct the title.

3. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Trish and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  4. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A random free association, but I wonder how our brain temperature relates to our problems with temperature regulation and our intolerance of temperature extremes?