1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weʼre raising £35,000 to Continue Vital ME Research, Keith Geraghty, 2021

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by Sly Saint, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We have seen a speeding up of donations at the end of a crowdfund before but I get the impression that suddenly yesterday morning this one speeded up a lot. I wonder if for some reason word got spread wider through social media accounts and a whole new lot of people were reached? If so it may be a lesson for getting the word out early on next time.

janice, ukxmrv, Missense and 10 others like this.
  2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

It would be hard to know for certain but Dave Tuller sharing Keith's campaign must have helped.

janice, ukxmrv, Missense and 12 others like this.
  3. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Might be in part because Dave reached his target and people switched their donations to Keith.

Missense, mango, Binkie4 and 4 others like this.
  4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I think also some people, including me, donate once, and then wait to the last day to see if it looks like a second donation is needed to help reach the target.

janice, ukxmrv, Missense and 16 others like this.
  5. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Do you refresh the browser (F5 usually does it), as it may simply not be updating locally on your computer for some reason without doing that.

Yessica, Binkie4 and Trish like this.
  6. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

For sure in my case.

I think there may also be a payday effect. A lot of people's money goes into the bank the last working day of the month, and they may be waiting for that.

ukxmrv, Yessica, Daisymay and 5 others like this.
  7. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, I kept refreshing the page, hoping I was going to get my coffee on time! The total did not make sense in terms of what was coming up on the credits but then I discovered it did if one noticed that donations were popping up several places back in the list - presumably the list was in order of the giving but the total and each credit had to wait until some more processing occurred to be visible.

Yessica, FMMM1, benji and 1 other person like this.
  8. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thnk some of us were a bit concerned that you might get dehydrated if you never got your elevenses..!

Yessica, Amw66, boolybooly and 4 others like this.
  9. benji

benji Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I followed closely at that time, I made a good donation to put it up to 22500, but it wasnt displayed until ten minutes later, and then, when my donation finally got in the list and summary, it got up to 22550, there was 5 donation in between.
    But then 5 minutes later, someone donated 2000 pounds, putting it up from 90% to 98%. I saw that since I followed closely, it was anonymous and hidden value. That’s a huge donation, and that saved the 100% result I suspect.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    ukxmrv, Yessica, Daisybell and 3 others like this.
  10. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

To be honest I didn’t put in to DT this time as he was almost on 100% I did a second one to KG instead Pleased both have hit the targets.

Yessica, Missense, Skycloud and 6 others like this.
  11. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

In my experience, there is always a speed-up the last couple of days. But also, on Thursday evening my time, I sent out an update to my donors (750+ this time) that I had reached my goal and if anyone wanted to give this month, they should give to Keith's, and I included the link. I assume that probably led to a few donations.

janice, TiredSam, Kalliope and 16 others like this.