Well-known, famous people with ME/CFS (public thread)

She took a while to recover from a virus earlier this year, but the reason she's out of Wimbledon is a stress fracture. I don't think there's any indication she has ME/CFS.
Yes exactly that's why I posted it, not because I thought she has ME.
A scan on Sunday night revealed her injury had developed into a stress fracture.
 
Skallagrim, a YouTuber with 1.63 million subscribers, made a video about his experience with ME/CFS. He does videos about HEMA (historical European martial arts aka mostly swordfighting). My fiancée watches his videos and previously bought boots from him. I want to watch the video with her. If I do, I'll let you know my thoughts here. The comments on his video is mostly of other people with ME/CFS sharing their experience. It's nice to see, but also sad to be reminded of how many people have our disease. Hell, a year and a half ago, I didn't even know what it was. Now I feel like I see it everywhere. The power of recognition and awareness (but also covid increasing the numbers of course).

 
Back
Top Bottom