1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

2021 Guardian Australia: Request for contact from people with multiple chronic pain conditions

Discussion in 'Advocacy Action Alerts' started by Kalliope, May 26, 2021.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thread split from https://www.s4me.info/threads/possi...ovid-19-long-covid.14074/page-215#post-346720

I have no idea where the Guardian is planning to go with this, so might be wrong thread.

The Guardian: Tell us: do you have multiple chronic pain conditions?

Have you been diagnosed with long Covid, endometriosis, fibromyalgia, migraine, ME/CFS or another chronic pain condition? We’d like to hear from you.

A person with a chronic pain condition can sometimes start to accumulate more than one, which is known as a chronic overlapping pain condition.

As part of a project on long Covid and other chronic conditions, we would like to hear from individuals about their experience seeking treatment for them. What overlapping conditions do you have? If you’ve been diagnosed with long Covid, did you have any pre-existing chronic pain conditions? Does your healthcare practitioner treat one or all conditions?

Share your experiences
    You can get in touch by filling in the form below, anonymously if you wish.

ETA: Seems to be an initiative from The Guardian - Australia?

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2021
    DokaGirl, Michelle, MEMarge and 2 others like this.
  2. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

DokaGirl, Sean, alktipping and 4 others like this.
  3. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Without pain meds I have very significant and limiting pain a lot of the time - just goes to show...the universe hates me ;)

DokaGirl, Sean, alktipping and 6 others like this.
  4. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not everyone. But for those of us who do, it sure is. I don't think a symptom has to affect everyone for it to count this way.

DokaGirl, Sean, alktipping and 2 others like this.
  5. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

About the Author

Gabrielle Jackson is an associate news editor at Guardian Australia, and was previously opinion editor there. Before that, she was a senior journalist at The Hoopla. Gabrielle has lived and worked in the USA, UK and Australia as a journalist and copywriter. She currently lives in Sydney and commutes regularly to the Riverina district of New South Wales. Gabrielle was first diagnosed with endometriosis in 2001. In 2015 she was also diagnosed with adenomyosis. After writing about endometriosis for the Guardian 2015, she became interested in how women's pain is treated in modern healthcare systems and has been researching and writing about the topic since then. Gabrielle loves cooking and is a kebab connoisseur. In 2011-2012, she spent eight months travelling from Europe through the Middle East to Asia sampling and researching the history of the kebabs and their journey to the western world. She returned to Australia after being run over by a train in India.

6. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh, I remember her now, she is the author of the book "Pain and Prejudice: How the Medical System Ignores Women — And What We Can Do About It,", here is an article about it: https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...re-often-women-maybe-it-ll-change-ncna1259686

DokaGirl, Hutan, Michelle and 5 others like this.