1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Unifying Hypothesis of the Pathophysiology of (ME/CFS): Recognitions from the finding of autoantibodies against ß2-adrenergic receptors: Wirth 2020

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Sly Saint, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think I might be able to demonstrate with a simple test that there is a circulatory problem.

If I stand on my feet and reach down to pet my cat, and then after 10 or 20 seconds bring the head back up, I feel unwell (dizzy, malaise, weak). If I repeat this posture change (giving the body some time to adjust to each change) then it gets increasingly worse. After a few times I'm visibly weak and slow so much that it cannot be missed by an outside observer.

alktipping, DokaGirl, Hutan and 8 others like this.
  2. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I find that any repeated movement can reduce me to a paralysed lump eventually. The definition of ME as a disease where you can lift a bag of potatoes over your head once but not lift a spoon to your mouth five times captures much of my disability but does not seem to be well known among scientists and researchers.

alktipping, DokaGirl, Perrier and 4 others like this.
  3. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Colin

Colin Established Member (Voting Rights)

5. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

6. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)