1. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 1st August 2022 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Brain fog/ cognitive dysfunction

Discussion in 'Neurological/cognitive/vision' started by JohnTheJack, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Klabautermann

Klabautermann Established Member (Voting Rights)

Merged thread
    How would you describe your brain fog to others?

For me, it feels like both information overload and my mind being empty at the same time. It sounds weird, because they're two opposites, but that's how it feels to me. Like my mind is both over-full but empty.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2022
  2. strategist

strategist Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Difficulty thinking. Thinking requires more effort, is slower, is interrupted frequently by losing attention. Sometimes formulating clear thoughts is not possible (this particular problem is I suspect what is really meant with "brain fog"). The effort of thinking becomes painful over time.

3. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Tumbleweed - without the tumbleweed.

(of course there are 'degrees' within that - there are more than several types of brainfog - but they all, broadly speaking, have roughly the same effect on thought as being smacked in the head by a train. I speak from experience, having been smacked in the head, by a train, whilst crossing some tracks, after which I was more mentally functional than I am with brain fog - but the stunning is very similar)

MeSci, Peter Trewhitt, shak8 and 2 others like this.
  4. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Trish likes this.