1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

CDC Update: NYS Dept. of Health and #MEAction Bid for Contract

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Andy, Oct 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://www.meaction.net/2018/10/18...part-of-health-and-meaction-bid-for-contract/

ahimsa, Mij, Ron and 18 others like this.
  2. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We need to have eternal vigilance to prevent "scientific" organizations from screwing us over by believing lies and not looking into the most modern science... :emoji_face_palm:
    I look forward to the day this is no longer an issue and we can trust scientific organizations to be scientific.

All that said ME Action basically pulled a rabbit out of their hat, very well done. The story aint over but this is still quite the accomplishment already

ahimsa, Mij, Ron and 12 others like this.
  3. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The CDC is slippery and they want patients to trust them? Well done ME Action.

Ron, JaimeS, Yessica and 7 others like this.
  4. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Note:

Current status: A month has passed since we submitted the bid. We hope the CDC listens to reason and issues this contract to #MEAction and the New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute. We will keep you updated on our next steps and our next actions. We will continue to fight for all people with ME.​

Ron, JaimeS, EzzieD and 11 others like this.
  5. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That's about what it felt like at the time!

I have to give credit to Terri again, it was her contacts in NY that made aligning with the NYS org that did AIDS research possible. Still, the idea that it was due at a particular time of day and that it had to be in person, in hand was nuts. If we didn't have so many allies and advocates working together -- like Elizabeth Burlingame who lived (pretty) close to the CDC -- it never could have happened. We may not get the contract, but the fact that we were able to complete the work and hand it off is a testament to everyone's collaborative hard work.

This is my way of saying "we couldn't have done it without you". :hug:

ahimsa, andypants, Sunshine3 and 17 others like this.