1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Coexistence of cerebral hypometabolism and neuroinflammation in the thalamo-limbic-brainstem region in young women with FSS, 2020, Ouchi et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Full title: Coexistence of cerebral hypometabolism and neuroinflammation in the thalamo-limbic-brainstem region in young women with functional somatic syndrome

Note: Due to vague selection criteria this may, or may not, be an investigation into ME.
    Open access, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s13550-020-00617-1

2. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

why carry on calling it fss if they have actually found the route cause of symptoms . are they to lazy to change diagnosis .

3. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have only skimmed the article but I think they actually use the terms FSS* and MUS in the way they should be used, neutrally, as in "here is something we can't yet explain with the tests we've used to date - so let's look a bit closer with some new tests to see if there isn't something after all".

* I mistyped this first as FFS :rofl:

4. Sarah94

Sarah94 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Another one for the list of "scientists who have brilliant names". If only this person was writing on chronic pain instead...

alktipping and Andy like this.