Deep phenotyping of post-infectious myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome, 2024, Walitt et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by pooriepoor91, Feb 21, 2024.

1. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

In my opinion Cort always puts a positive gloss on everything he writes about.

2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Which we now know is BS, given all the effort preference garbage rolled out by Walitt.

He hasn't earned my respect and trust, in fact he has further reduced mine.

I thought this was independent of the intramural study?

horton6, cfsandmore, Comet and 12 others like this.
  3. bobbler

bobbler Senior Member (Voting Rights)

this

LJord, Yann04 and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  4. bobbler

bobbler Senior Member (Voting Rights)

well he's blown his chance then even if he really believes this. He has let himself get persuaded, or maybe was already there himself, but why take lots of research findings that were of the format where small samples did work and then blow them by allowing them to reported under a framework where they'd been crowbarred to fit something that didn't actually have any results in the first place? And the person in charge of it isn't even someone who was an expert in that area, not quite sure how or why Walitt got into all this given his background.

Nath should know better than to not just be able to identify what is potentially 'real' as a finding and put into context what about that is theorising of what it could mean, and what is substantiated about how it could fit together and report appropriately.