1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

EU Petition 2019 - opportunity to lobby for funding for ME research

Discussion in 'Petitions' started by FMMM1, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://www.s4me.info/threads/eu-pe...ding-for-me-research.10363/page-7#post-393847

2. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

5. MSEsperanza

MSEsperanza Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm late but didn't want to miss to say big thanks to the EMEC and especially Evelien for another excellent presentation before the European Commission. Well done!

I hope the payback on Evelien's health wasn't too high. Best wishes to her and everyone involved.

Hutan, FMMM1, NelliePledge and 5 others like this.
  6. ME/CFS Skeptic

7. ME/CFS Skeptic

@Wyva There was also an MEP from Hungary, Ádám Kósa, who seemed supportive of the cause. Perhaps this may be a useful opening for you for advocacy at the national level.

8. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you for letting me know, this is great! Currently I'm having a bit of a rough patch, so I had to take a break from letter writing a few weeks ago but I'm definitely adding him to the list of people to reach out to next. Thank you very much, @Michiel Tack !

9. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If anyone is interested: well, luckily I happened to have a bit better day, so I messaged Ádám Kósa about a week ago. I told him about the dire situation of Hungarian patients, that they get zero help from anyone and are basically locked out of healthcare, that education of ME/CFS at universities is inadequate or seriously one-sided so patients' current treatment (or lack of) in healthcare probably won't change anytime soon, the things I've done and planning to do (and how I either get no response or get blown off), that any kind of help is appreciated and what else can be done, etc. I was hoping for a reply, because he is a deaf representative and a lawyer who seems to be involved in disability advocacy. Not sure how long it is reasonable to wait for a reply from MEPs, but so far, crickets.

10. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I imagine MEP's get hundreds of messages each week, and it could take a while for them to look into the subjects raised and work out how they will respond. I hope you get a helpful response.