IDO2 gene mutations - SNPs

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by daftasabrush, Dec 20, 2019.

?

What alleles do you have for rs10109853? (just for people with ME/CFS)

1. TT

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. CT

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. CC

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If you open up your 23andMe raw data as a text file, you can just search for an rs number.

A relative decided to do ours a few years ago. The rest of us hadn't a clue what the point was, to be honest! – but I thought I'd open it up to take a screenshot for you:

Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 09.27.26.png

Ravn, Hutan and wigglethemouse like this.
  2. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have v5 23andMe and my rs10109853 IDO2 variants don't show on that platform - not measured.

Ravn, Hutan and Kitty like this.
  3. voner

voner Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have a v4 23andme chip data file and it reports my rs10109853 IDO2 variants.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Ravn and Hutan like this.
  4. Dom

Dom Established Member (Voting Rights)

Definitely isn't on V5, which is a shame.

wigglethemouse and Ravn like this.
  5. merylg

merylg Established Member (Voting Rights)

I can only find two of the relevant snps (from 23andme) but on those I would fit the compound heterozygous situation. Interesting. My diagnosis is mod-severe CFS postviral onset (?Norovirus), chronic Mycoplasma, more recently Tick-Borne Illness & Ross River Virus. 61B950E1-DAB8-48F9-BF69-B90EB3102446.jpeg E6BAE292-5F06-42C9-8457-626ED9CD8394.jpeg

wigglethemouse and Ravn like this.
  6. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

I'm skeptical about the tryptophan trap idea, but I do have TT on rs10109853 - one of the mutations that Phair believes is a problem.

I've added a poll, just for that one snp.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  7. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

How trustful are you guys about your 23 &ME results? Has it come to your mind that there might be errors in your results?

Snowdrop, lunarainbows, Ravn and 2 others like this.
  8. merylg

I’ve done WGS as well & noticed some particular findings were replicated.

Snow Leopard, Chezboo and Ravn like this.
  9. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm CT for rs10109853 plus TA for rs4503083. Compound heterozygous. Typical, nothing's ever straightforward :confused:

10. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't know. I don't have access to my genetic data :(.

Ravn and Hutan like this.
  11. Milo

Some, but not all? And what does WSG stand for?

Ravn likes this.
  12. lunarainbows

lunarainbows Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I’m pretty sure I had a thread about this a year or two ago on this forum. Mine came up with a few results for severe genetic illnesses, including one which causes cancer all over the body - despite none of my family having a history of cancer. I then went searching for articles from the Guardian & the Independent etc and came across quite a few articles where it said 40% of 23andME data are false positives. I also remember seeing on one of the articles that it said the tests were designed to be used only for the results it had on the dashboard (like I think curly hair, or one of the iron related things) not the other background data. which is why I’m surprised that people may be taking this data as accurate.

Ariel, Ravn, Wyva and 3 others like this.
  13. Milo

Remember Ubiome? The site was closed down and the owner was facing legal challenges.

Ravn and Snowdrop like this.
  14. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks everyone, I have the v5 as well for 23andme.

@Milo I'm not overly trustworthy, but it felt like getting it a plugging it into a data to see it there was an very clear pathogenic mutation was something I wanted to look to try. Ideally a geneticist and lab would get it. I'm not really qualified to look at and interpret the results and use a program called promethease to do it for me, which certainly doesn't cover everything. And most mutations are a very small part of the picture.

Ravn and Milo like this.
  15. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

WGS = whole genome sequencing.
    23&me only tests a subset of gene locations whereas WGS tests (almost) the lot.
    The exact subsets 23&me chooses to test vary from test chip version to test chip version. That's why some people can find a snp on their results and others can't.

Kitty, Milo, Hutan and 2 others like this.
  16. merylg

Sorry, Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS). No I haven’t looked at every snp to compare my 23andme results with the WGS results, just some significant results eg carrier for Hemochromatosis.

Kitty likes this.
  17. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

23andMe does clean up some of their data over time. I went down the rabbit hole of thinking I had a significant mitochondrial variants but when I posted about it others had it as well. A few years later I downloaded the results file again from 23andMe and the erroneous variant had been corrected.

Perez et Al (Klimas team) refused to listen to all the errors in their ME/CFS 23andME paper which were obvious. Another group reanalysed their data and found almost all their conclusions were invalid.
    https://www.s4me.info/threads/re-an...few-remain-bedford-et-al-2020-preprint.17526/

I've not heard about errors with these IDO2 variants in 23andMe data. The biggest issues is that their v5 array does not capture the most common variant (the one for the poll in this thread).

Kitty, Chezboo, merylg and 3 others like this.
  18. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not strictly IDO2, but this 2008 paper https://bmcsystbiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1752-0509-2-95 identifies TPH2 as a gene of interest

TPH2 is responsible for breaking down tryptophan. I have a couple very uncommon snps there (one is 0% but I think that must be a mistake).

jamari likes this.
  19. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Of the data that I have (for myself):
    rs10109853 C/C
    rs4736794 A/A

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FMMM1 and Hutan like this.
  20. Ariel

Ariel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thought 23 & me was basically a data mining operation?