1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Insights into Metabolite Diagnostic Biomarkers for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, 2021, Yamano et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Abstract

Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) is a persistent and unexplained pathological state characterized by exertional and severely debilitating fatigue, with/without infectious or neuropsychiatric symptoms, and with a minimum duration of 6 consecutive months. Its pathogenesis is not fully understood. There are no firmly established diagnostic biomarkers or treatment, due to incomplete understanding of the etiology of ME/CFS and diagnostic uncertainty. Establishing a biomarker for the objective diagnosis is urgently needed to treat a lot of patients. Recently, research on ME/CFS using metabolome analysis methods has been increasing. Here, we overview recent findings concerning the metabolic features in patients with ME/CFS and the animal models which contribute to the development of diagnostic biomarkers for ME/CFS and its treatment. In addition, we discuss future perspectives of studies on ME/CFS.

Open access, https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/22/7/3423/htm

shak8 likes this.