1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

M.E., UK Research Ethics-Public Health Journalist Dr. David Tuller & Guests Nov 5 2019

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Sly Saint, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

upload_2019-10-11_16-40-35.jpeg
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/me-u...st-dr-david-tuller-guests-tickets-75779964915

eta: good date for it! can't wait for the fireworks.:emoji_boom:

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

When you put it that way... yikes. To think that the entire British medical establishment is on the wrong side of this extremely easy ethical choice really emphasizes how absurd and unsustainable this situation is. What a stupid idea to give the LP a shot in a real trial, it only made it evident how morally bankrupt their entirely ideology is, especially how similar SMILE was to PACE. Hubris be thy fall.

Odds of a totally neutral that is only discussing the science media package from the SMC?

3. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

in England it seems most of the medical profession bends to the will of the politics rather than standing up for ethical treatment of patients . they only seem to be bothered about their pay and terms of service not the immense harm done to patients . I don't think medical establishments have ever been fit for purpose from a patients perspective .

4. Sly Saint

anyone have any news on this?
    will there be a video?

5. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I found this just now. Posted 23 hours ago.

Barry, ukxmrv, Binkie4 and 4 others like this.
  6. Arnie Pye

7. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Any YouTube links to them?

8. Arnie Pye

Sadly not. They have only uploaded one video to their Youtube channel, and that was 11 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClznWkcnAw1f_aSdKzbfFng/videos

Perhaps someone with a Facebook account (I don't have one) could contact them and ask them to upload the videos on to their Youtube channel.

Sean, Barry and Sly Saint like this.
  9. Sly Saint

Sean, mango, Trish and 2 others like this.
  10. Sly Saint

@dave30th
    re EC saying why they did the trial
    I think more of concern is when she went on to say
    “If the Lightning Process is dangerous, as they say, we need to find out."
    so they hand the kids over to therapists with unrecognised qualifications, performing an unknown therapy without supervision.

(can't find the link right now but I think it might have been one of her radio interviews, or the SMC news briefing)

eta: coyne mentioned it also
    https://www.coyneoftherealm.com/201...-of-quack-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-treatment/

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Sean, rvallee, ScottTriGuy and 3 others like this.
  11. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That's a misrepresentation as well. No one's saying it is dangerous per se anymore than people are campaigning to ban, nay eradicate, sugar because it can be harmful in some circumstances. Have random people try it, nobody cares. It's as harmless as astrology in most circumstances. Completely disingenuous.

It's unfit for purpose, in addition to being ridiculous quackery built on pseudoscience and magical thinking when it comes to claims about being medically relevant. It is also specifically unadvised for ME, the same way peanuts are unadvised to people with peanut allergies. "Dangerous" is a ridiculous framing and Crawley understands that and is showing just how casual her and her colleagues are about lying and making stuff up to fit their needs.

It's the same thing with exercise, which is almost universally beneficial. Almost. Exceptions exist and they matter. Seriously this lot should simply branch out and become advisers for information warfare, they are masters at it, use it so casually.