1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

ME/CFS Advocacy Day 2020 Report

Discussion in 'Advocacy Action Alerts' started by Emily Taylor, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

[​IMG]

251 Meetings - That’s 47% of Congress!

Thanks to the hard work of our advocacy community, Solve ME/CFS Advocacy Day was a wild success!

Across the country you called for ME/CFS research funding, supporting a fast-moving $60m request! 358 registered advocates took part in 251 meetings, touching 47% of Congress in a single day. Over 885 emails and nearly 1,200 phone calls supported our mighty volunteer Congressional meetings teams. All of this while overcoming a global crisis with just four weeks to pull it off.

Together, we are unstoppable! Congratulations, everyone. Stand tall today.

And, most of all, thank you! Your support makes all of this possible.

With heartfelt gratitude,

[​IMG]

“Tweet-A-Thanks” To your Members of Congress!
    [​IMG]

You can continue the momentum by “Tweet-A-Thanks” action -- making sure we thank our leaders for championing ME/CFS. Share our Congressional Thank you video with your member of Congress using Twitter.

In under 15 minutes, you can use our online action portal “REMOTE ACTION KIT” to generate your twitter messages, automatically tagging your member of Congress!

Or download your Tweet D.C. Advocate Kit (free PDF) with customizable graphics and posts; everything you need to support ME/CFS advocacy on social media! (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram)

Don’t forget to use #CongressFight4ME and #SolveME. Every post enters you to win free Solve M.E. gifts, like t-shirts, notebooks, and photo frame magnets! 100 winners will randomly be selected. So, post multiple times to increase your chance of winning!

2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks to everyone working on this, especially during this weird time when I expect a lot of attention is being drawn elsewhere.

Yessica, ahimsa, petrichor and 5 others like this.
  3. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Adding my thanks as well! :heart:

Yessica, rvallee and Trish like this.