Members of Congress are coming together in a single voice to stand for ME/CFS. Will your Representative join them?

Discussion in 'Advocacy Action Alerts' started by Emily Taylor, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

[​IMG]

This week, SMCI staff and Board of Directors traveled to Washington DC and got results!

Congresswomen Ana Eshoo and Zoe Lofgren are leading other members of congress in a letter and appropriations request for ME/CFS. Read the full letter and committee report language here. In brief, the proposed effort:

(1) Supports continuation of the $5.4 million ME/CFS funding for the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC),

(2) Encourages CDC to resolve ME/CFS case definition issues and expand its efforts to educate health care providers,

(3) Recommends that NIH create a strategic plan for ME/CFS research and increase the amount and types of funding,

(4) Urges the Department of Health and Human Services to devise a multi-year strategic plan. The sign-on letter states that the increases in NIH’s budget affords NIH the opportunity and ability to increase funding to better reflect the ME/CFS disease burden.

This action is a joint effort between #MEAction and the Solve ME/CFS Initiative.

Use our easy form to send a message to your member of congress and ask them to join the effort today – *deadline is March 14*!

ahimsa, Yessica, Valentijn and 11 others like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks.

3. MErmaid

MErmaid Guest

Done! :)

Andy likes this.
  4. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Should it not be increase the funding or at the very least maintain the old level?

Skycloud likes this.