News from Scandinavia

Discussion in 'Regional news' started by Kalliope, Nov 2, 2017.

1. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)

SBU (the Swedish Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Assessment of Social Services) comments on an evidence review of psychodynamic therapy for functional somatic disorders.

Psykodynamisk terapi vid depression, ångest, funktionella somatiska tillstånd och personlighetssyndrom
    https://www.sbu.se/2024_03

Peter Trewhitt and Sean like this.
  2. Midnattsol

Midnattsol Moderator Staff Member

3. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Midnattsol

5. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

And there was an article from the public broadcaster NRK yesterday about a young man bed bound with with ME and EDS who didn't get the help he needs, and a very moving reportage on the evening news about severely ill Emilie who has been bed bound in darkness for years and on the very fragile situation she and her family is in.

Some very informative media coverage about ME these days in Norway! Are we finally moving forward from the "ME-debate"?

6. mango

New blog post by @MittEremltage, highlighting some of the harmful consequences that are affecting pwME due to the political decisions of Region Stockholm.

Really well-written and important, as always. Great work, thank you so much MittEremltage! :thumbsup: It's a horrible situation, and I really feel for those who are affected :(

Har primärvården i region Stockholm växlat upp?
    https://mitteremitage.wordpress.com/2024/06/18/har-primarvarden-i-region-stockholm-vaxlat-upp/

7. mango

(Not ME.) POTS is mentioned in an article in one of Swedens two largest evening newspapers today.

Christina Applegates nya sorg: Dottern sjuk
    https://www.expressen.se/noje/christina-applegates-nya-sorg-dottern-sjuk/

Midnattsol, Sean, Kalliope and 2 others like this.
  8. Midnattsol

I'm not familiar enough with the terminology in English for politics to know what it would be called, but a representative from a political party has asked the current minister of work in Norway about the situation for pwME and how nothing really has changed the last few years despite clear instructions that things needed to improve.
    The question and answer can be read here (In Norwegian)

A patient advocate noted how the answer was a non-answer: The minister of work replies with something along the lines of "we have instructed the services to improve" but is ignoring that the patients are reporting that several years after this instruction there has been no improvements. What frustrates me most is that a long covid advocate, who has been clear LC is not ME, have commented that it's a good answer, and thus also ignoring that the answer is full of things that should be but is not the reality.

alktipping, mango, Trish and 4 others like this.
  9. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Annoying by the LC advocate. If LC isn’t ME as they say they should stay on their own topic.

10. mango