1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Letter: 74 International experts urge Dutch Minister of Health to make substantial long term investment in biomedical research

Discussion in 'Open Letters and Replies' started by Andy, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://mecentraal.wordpress.com/20...-long-term-investment-in-biomedical-research/

Inara, Esther12, Skycloud and 29 others like this.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Good to see scientists piling on to help patients in the Netherlands - excellent international effort.

3. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Really good letter, and it's so good to again see so many doctors and researchers speaking out for us.

I found this very powerful:

"The treatments based on that hypothesis (CBT/GET),have produced no robust evidence in the past 2 decades...."

And "Furthermore, patients internationally for more than 20 years have continually reported deteriorationfrom following the advice of their doctors to gradually increase their exertion levels based on a GET protocol....."

That's so damning, that those in power and influence have allowed this to carry on for 2 decades. I hope outsiders take this in!

Dolphin, Inara, Chezboo and 16 others like this.
  4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for posting. I can get confused between which countries are releasing good reports, and which are releasing bad reports. Sounds like the Dutch may be moving forward.

Inara and It's M.E. Linda like this.