1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Provide feedback to Google re NHS ME/CFS info

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by Sly Saint, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Almost everytime I do a search on Myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome the most prominent info that comes up is from the NHS still saying that the treatments are exercise programs and 'talking therapies'.

This is not helping people, particularly giiven the current situation with the new NICE guidelines.

You can click on feedback (which I've just done, I chose the 'controversial' button) to tell them that the NICE guidelines are about to be changed etc..

Hutan, Wonko, DigitalDrifter and 11 others like this.
  2. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's not a problem with Google but a problem with the NICE guidelines or more generally the lack of quality control applied to the relevant studies.

3. Adrian

Adrian Administrator Staff Member

Bing pointed to patient.info first followed by the CDC and NHS

What I found interesting was this box at the side which seems to be info they have collated and not very good. There claims of >1m cases per year is weird.

4. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"No underlying condition found...", however...causes could be put further up on the list. Some don't read past the heading and a couple sentences, as everyone knows.

5. Creekside

Creekside Senior Member (Voting Rights)

While checking for something else, I noticed that Google's 'list of common questions' showed this:

Does Graded exercise therapy work for CFS?
    A recent Cochrane review of graded exercise therapy (GET) for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) concluded that GET is effective and safe (Larun et al., 2017).Oct 8, 2018

6. RedFox

RedFox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That question pops up when I Google me cfs graded exercise therapy. I left them feedback, saying the CDC, NY DOH, and NICE don't recommend GET. Maybe if many people comment on it they'll change it.