1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggested Pathology of Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease [...] (2019) Bohne

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Marky, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It could, but I am not aware that we have evidence for any consistent shift in lactate in ME. I don't understand the concept of 'instantaneous changes' raised in the document.

Hutan, andypants and Octogenarian like this.
  2. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Spotted this wiki-article about the journal in another debate about this paper.

Medical Hypotheses is a non-peer reviewed medical journal published by Elsevier. It was originally intended as a forum for unconventional ideas without the traditional filter of scientific peer review, "as long as (the ideas) are coherent and clearly expressed" in order to "foster the diversity and debate upon which the scientific processthrives."[2] Medical Hypotheses was the only Elsevier journal that did not send submitted papers to other scientists for review.[3] Articles were chosen instead by the journal's editor-in-chief based on whether he considered the submitted work interesting and important. The journal's policy placed full responsibility for the integrity, precision and accuracy of publications on the authors, rather than peer reviewers or the editor.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medic...EW6SGWzoUWCopPZ7KHs80FGOLr4Tnk921JMxYHg7LzBbg

3. Philipp

Philipp Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Moved from deleted duplicate thread

Since we're all thinking it: What would I theoretically have to supplement to speed up DHLA regeneration? Would ALA or R-ALA supplementation increase pools at first and then be potentially damaging due to increased DHLA accumulation?

Yes I know it is too early to speculate no one knows and so on. But I can't be the only one thinking about that right now :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2019
    sb4 likes this.
  4. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

inox and Andy like this.
  5. benji

benji Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is kind of interesting, so i wrote a Canadian professor in biochemistry if he could look at the Bohne paper. He said that the hypothesis in the paper is very vague;
    that the entire paper lacks scientific rigour. And he doesn’t see any compelling reason to pinpoint the
    particular catalytic step that Bohne focus on as the one primarily responsible.

6. deleder2k

deleder2k Established Member

Do we have any news with respect to oxalates? Has anyone tried supplementing it?

7. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Oxalates may be a problem for people with M.E.
    There's this thread where most people posting actually thought lower levels of oxalate were better, although I don't think there is solid evidence either way.

Click on the oxalates tag at the top of the page for related threads.

RedFox and Trish like this.