1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

The ME Patient Foundation

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Sly Saint, Jun 23, 2019.

1. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Maybe not directly relevant but my experience organising Millions Missing locally gave me an insight into the organising and bureaucracy involved once you start to get beyond informal advocacy. And that was only for a one day event. I found the demands cognitively and physically were equivalent to when I was working in paid employment. And it’s much more challenging dealing with bureaucracy than dealing with colleagues.

MyalgicE, Joh, Annamaria and 9 others like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Best wishes to everyone trying to improve things. I'm sure a lot of people are doing all sorts of work behind the scenes that doesn't really get the appreciation it deserves. Sorry this didn't work out for those involved.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  3. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I understand from Claudia that the resolution process with the Charity Commission has been completed.

There is nothing that I could see on the Charity Commission site's listing for this charity that it has been wound up and as far as I am aware, Emma and her husband (a co-trustee/director) have issued no further statements.

This fundraising page also remains online: https://www.totalgiving.co.uk/charity/the-me-patient-foundation

It's M.E. Linda likes this.