1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steph show channel 4 U.K.

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by NelliePledge, Mar 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Steph McGovern is starting a new lunchtime show on channel 4 from her home. I believe she has been asking people to contact her. She was pretty good when she did the BBC breakfast interviews for Unrest. Came across as open minded. It could be worth people with ME who have blogs/involved in Advocacy who might be able to speak to her to get in touch to highlight the angle of isolation for years as opposed to a couple of weeks.

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/steph-mcgovern-present-steph-show-channel-4

TiredSam, MEMarge, Barry and 16 others like this.
  2. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Naomi10
    @Natalie

Any thoughts on who to share this with?

3. NelliePledge

ladycatlover and MEMarge like this.
  4. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ladycatlover likes this.
  5. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think there's been a mix-up. I can't see from this release that she's going to be filmed at her home.

Rather, it looks like it'll be broadcast 'live from Leeds, the home of Channel 4’s new national HQ'.

There will be a live audience, which might be tricky to squeeze in behind the sofa!

Invisible Woman likes this.
  6. NelliePledge

The link was to the original information about the show published a couple of months ago. Since then they have adapted the format. Today was the first show I’ve not watched it yet.https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-steph-show

Wonko, MEMarge and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  7. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

they cant possibly have a live audience at the moment.

Invisible Woman and MEMarge like this.
  8. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The one linked was 'live' from her home - or so she stated at the beginning of the programme.

There was a walk through to show where the cameras were and that she was the only one in that room.

Other people were in various locations around the property, the precise layout of which wasn't clear to me, all stated to have a minimum 2 meters between workstations.

I have no idea what the programme was about as I wasn't paying much attention and All4 have a policy where everything stops until you give the adverts the active window while they show - I have no time for that so shut that window down and did something else (the programme was only running in the background - damned if I am going to stop everything I am doing to 'watch' adverts simply to continue to have the programme running in the background for another 10 minutes).

9. NelliePledge

Indeed - see post #6 above

MEMarge likes this.
  10. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

oh, duh,:confused: sorry Nellie I completely missed that post

MEMarge and NelliePledge like this.
  11. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Huh. How strange. Was it really her house or was it like The Big Breakfast house?

12. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not knowing her personally I have no idea - she did state it was here house but it is TV so it's quite possible that information may not have been 100% accurate.

13. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just had a quick look. Looks like it is in her house, with fixed cameras and a sound man outside the window. Several of her "guests" are in their own homes too and she just had a link to a design/technology classroom in a school where they are putting together "splatter" screens. Should have noted the correct term! I mean the shields that people are wearing to protect their whole face.

Really should get my sewing machine out and follow @Keela Too 's patterns.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020